Retention Sales Representative - Midmarket
Recycle Track Systems
The Retention Sales Representative will call on primarily small and medium-sized commercial accounts to focus on retaining existing clients and generate new sales. They are responsible for developing and implementing sound selling strategies to new prospects and for achieving budgeted sales goals. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, be adept at waste services pricing negotiations, and have the ability to build a strong pipeline that ultimately leads to winning new business. In addition, they must be able to research clients, provide proposals, and generate sales leads. Cold calling and strong prospecting by phone are essentials skills required to build pipeline.
This is a field-based position. This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation and recognition programs upon successful completion of sales orientation and/or training programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Retain the existing base of Accounts in the NYC Region that are mid-market level.
- Focus on renewal of existing contracts at the mid-market billing level.
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Communicate to and work with management to resolve unique customer issues.
- Effectively manage mid-market prospects by developing sound marketing plans and maintaining key information in the CRM.
- Meet or exceed sales activity goals.
- Create a pipeline of successful leads and maintain a database of contacts.
- Be responsible for the frontend “vetting” and qualifying leads that come into RTS through Customer Service and the website and handle all accounts in mid-market range.
- Responsible for all customer waste surveys in assessing volumes for contract renewals as well as mid-market prospects.
- Provide weekly sales forecasting and committed results.
- Match RTS services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing, and competition; effectively communicates pricing and service strategies.
- Effectively use RTS sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
- Use in depth industry and company knowledge, prepare complex proposals, and make recommendations on services we provide.
- Prepare and present presentations to clients.
- Work with Operations team to maintain and upsell existing clients.
- Provide service where needed to support customer contractual requirements.
Experience & Education
- Education: Bachelor's Degree desired, or High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
- Experience: 3 years of work experience (in addition to education requirement) in direct sales, cold calling, and phone-based prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments.
- Knowledge of the Waste, Recycling, Sustainability Industries is desired
General competencies include:
- Build relationships
- Communicate with impact
- Demonstrate adaptability
- Demonstrate integrity and courage
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Initiate action
- Produce results
- Think strategically
- Focus on customers
- Gain commitment
- Influence and negotiate
- Manage work/time
- Use ethical practices
- Report accurate results
- Contract and business negotiation skills
- Writing and email skills