At Glacier, we are taking on one of the world’s most pressing problems: trash. Did you know that in the US, we send over half of our recyclables to the landfill? We're working to fix that. In doing so, we’ll also be reducing carbon emissions, energy consumption, and depletion of natural resources.
Glacier builds custom sorting robots designed to sort apart recyclables as well as AI-powered business analytics that enable recyclers to superpower their plants and improve our society’s circularity. These two products together are helping to divert tons of recyclables (literally!) from landfills every day.
We’re looking for an experienced Account Executive to develop relationships with customers, drive complex sales deals, and help our founders develop the strategy and capacity planning for our near-term expansion. This role reports directly to our CEO.
- We’re a small team based in San Francisco. Our founders come from Facebook engineering and Bain consulting. As an early member of the Glacier team, you’ll have a significant role in shaping our company’s future.
- We started Glacier to have a major positive environmental impact and we are searching for teammates who share in that mission.
- We’re backed by top-tier VCs and angels with extensive technical and industry expertise.
- We have several robots in production at customer sites and a robust pipeline of upcoming deployments.
You will oversee our full sales cycle. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Generating leads, including experimentation to uncover the most effective outreach strategies
- Conducting needs-finding and pitch meetings with prospective customers via remote meetings and on-site visits
- Scoping projects and writing proposals in collaboration with our Project Engineering team
- Negotiating pricing, project terms, and legal contracts
- Developing long-term relationships with customers by acting as a trusted technology and operations advisor regarding Glacier's suite of products Additionally, you will:
- Work with our CEO to establish our sales strategy and growth plan
- Provide ongoing customer feedback as a core input to our engineering roadmaps
- Help build sales infrastructure in preparation for scaling our Sales team. Example projects include iterating on our sales pitch materials; creating templates, documentation, and processes for future teammates; and establishing our CRM
(If you don't think you meet all of the criteria but are excited about this role, please reach out anyway!)
- Significant professional experience (3+ years) in complex enterprise B2B sales, especially solutions with a hardware component
- Significant professional experience taking deals from initial interest to close
- A proven track record of meeting or exceeding revenue quotas in previous rolesKnowledge of budgeting, cost estimating, legal reviews, and contractual procedures
*What traits will make you successful in this role: *
- Strategic thinking - Ability to devise creative solutions to complex deal challenges, including balancing deployment capacity, engineering capabilities, and the demands of the customer
- Customer empathy - Ability to understand customers’ priorities, pain points, and decision-making criteria, and tailor interactions accordingly to build meaningful customer relationships
- Effective communication and stakeholder management - Ability to communicate and work with a variety of stakeholders, including prospective customers (corporate and front-line), Engineering, and Operations
- Ownership mentality - Relentless drive to achieve results and proactively solve problems with minimal direction or supervision
- Willingness to travel and work on-site up to 40% of the time. In the near term, travel will be within the United States.
- Prior sales experience at early-stage startups (<50 employees)
- Significant professional experience selling solutions in any of the following areas: Industrial automation / robotics, Manufacturing, Recycling / waste
- Technical understanding of robotics, manufacturing, and/or automation solutions
The OTE cash compensation range for this role is $100,000 - $200,000. In addition to cash compensation, Glacier also offers competitive equity compensation and benefits. The final compensation for this role will depend on many individualized factors, including job-related skills and knowledge, experience level, interview performance, and other factors.