IT, Data Science
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2023
Revivn is a profitable and rapidly growing company that helps enterprises manage their old technology through our end of life software platform. We take electronic recycling one step further by repurposing hardware that still has remaining life and providing it to people who lack dedicated computer access. Working with companies like Airbnb, Twitter, and Teach for America we are changing the way companies view old technology with a new model that focuses on repurposing instead of recycling.
As a Data Analyst at Revivn, you will serve as an effective team leader within our Data and Logistics team. This person will have the opportunity to own and successfully present and process such data sets to senior managers and stakeholders. They will also be able to establish KPIs to measure the effectiveness of operations and business decisions. We are looking for someone willing to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves. THIS POSITION IS ONSITE - BROOKLYN, NY.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Run and modify SQL queries to generate list reports from data sources
- Create dashboards and interactive custom visualizations using business intelligence tools
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Generate data, identify problems within datasets, and resolve data discrepancies
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ingest volumes of data, policy, and program points
- Assist in ensuring the integrity, confidentiality, and security of all datasets.
- 1+ years of industry experience as a Data Analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with SQL, Python, BI Tools (Tableau, Hex, Redash)
- Some familiarity with Python, Java, HTML, CSS, and VizQI
- Knowledge of ETL pipelines
- Proficiency in creating ad-hoc queries
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Demonstrated problem solving experience providing business insights and recommendations from data sets
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong client orientation and results-driven
- Knowledge of relational database management systems and data warehousing
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation
- Effective independent judgment and decision-making ability
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
Revivn is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women and LGBT applicants.
The salary range for this role is $65,000-72,000.