Project Director/Program Manager | Center for the Circular Economy
Closed Loop Partners
Location: Remote or New York City, with occasional travel to NYC office or for client meetings Preference for individual to work in EST or CST
Closed Loop Partners is at the forefront of building the circular economy. The company is comprised of three key business segments. Closed Loop Capital Management manages venture capital, buyout and catalytic private credit investment strategies on behalf of global corporations, financial institutions and family offices. The Center for the Circular Economy unites competitors and partners to tackle complex material challenges and implement systemic change to advance circularity. Circular Services employs innovative technology within reuse, recycling, remanufacturing and re-commerce solutions to improve regional economic and environmental outcomes, and build resilient systems that keep food & organics, textiles, electronics, packaging and more, in circulation and out of landfill or the natural environment. Closed Loop Partners is based in New York City and is a registered B Corp. For more information, please visit www.closedlooppartners.com.
The Center for the Circular Economy seeks a year-long Project Director or Program Manager to support initiatives dedicated to advancing the circular economy. Projects and initiatives vary and include gathering consumer insights to support in-market tests with brand partners.
The role will run for a total of 12 months with a potential to extend based on overall firm needs. Applicants will be required to start this position in January or February 2024. To apply, please submit your resume, work sample and cover letter below. Due to the volume of applications only qualified applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview. Please do not contact Closed Loop Partners staff to request information or a pre-application meeting, or to follow up on your submitted application.
- Oversee and project manage high-profile and complex initiatives within diverse industry sectors touching upon every stage of the product and customer journey
- Serve as liaison with partners including clients, consultants, and industry stakeholders
- Draft multi-year initiative timelines, budgets, and manage daily deadlines and tasks to ensure deliverables are executed on-time, at the highest quality, and within budget
- Manage and prioritize tasks and stakeholders across multiple projects and timelines
- Create project communications plans, presentations, and agendas; lead stakeholder updates and presentations
- Plan and facilitate stakeholder workshops, roundtables, and events
- Source, manage, and communicate with vendors and consultants to ensure timely and accurate issuing of contracts, invoices, and payments.
- Identify in-house and outsourced resource needs for diverse project types requiring advanced expertise
- Lead in-store implementation that may include design and execution of marketing, research, store operations support, and communications
- Lead and conduct data analysis (including research design, quality assurance, analysis, synthesis, interpretation, and storytelling and/or visualization); data may include quantitative and qualitive sources
- Represent the Center and Closed Loop Partners at industry speaking engagements and workshops
- Support partnership outreach efforts
- Participate in special projects as needed
- 3-10 years post-college experience within the relevant fields of management consulting, circular economy, sustainability, retail, packaging, supply chain, recycling, data analytics, or related sectors
- Experience working in client services on high-profile projects
- Excellent diplomatic and communication skills
- Ability to learn new subject matter areas quickly across a broad portfolio
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills and ability to evaluate complex, often ambiguous, multi-stakeholder challenges
- Strong writing and editing skills and experience in drafting concise and elegant internal- and external-facing presentations (e.g., Word, PPT, XLS)
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Experience in budget management across projects and scopes
- Passion for sustainability and the circular economy
- A dynamic, enthusiastic professional who can take both initiative and direction
- A mission-driven team player who enjoys collaboration
- Masters in relevant field (e.g., MBA, data analytics, sustainability management)
- Differentiated experience in data analytics and statistics
- Experience using data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI) to tell a compelling story with data, translating insights for a non-technical audience
- Ability to analyze and interpret large data sets of information, recognizing patterns and distilling key insights
- Experience or interest in retail and consumer behavior
Closed Loop Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, or sex.
You must have US Work Authorization in order to be considered for any open Closed Loop Partners position.
Salary Range: $110,00-$170,000. Compensation is commensurate with experience and finalized title.