Fund Accounting Associate
Closed Loop Partners
Location: New York, NY (hybrid/WFH available post training period)
Closed Loop Partners is at the forefront of building the circular economy. The company is comprised of three key business segments: an investment firm, an innovation center and an operating group. The investment firm, Closed Loop Capital Management, presently manages over $580M of assets across three investment strategies: early-stage venture capital, buyout private equity, and impact-first, catalytic private credit. Our investors include global corporations, institutional investors and family offices. The innovation center, the Center for the Circular Economy, unites competitors and partners to tackle complex material challenges and implement systemic change to advance circularity. The operating group, Circular Services, provides holistic, circular materials management for municipalities and commercial businesses in the United States.
Closed Loop Partners is based in New York City and is a registered B Corp. For more information, please visit www.closedlooppartners.com.
The investment firm of Closed Loop Partners is seeking an experienced, full-time Fund Accounting Associate for our dynamic, fast-growing organization. The Associate will have primary day-to-day responsibility for the efficient and accurate execution of all general accounting functions and supporting the Fund Finance team, investment teams, and investor relations teams in all accounting related activities.
The ideal candidate should have a clear understating of GAAP, bookkeeping, and the quarterly financial process for private equity funds. To excel at this job, you will need to be passionate about our Company’s mission, a strong communicator, and be comfortable in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. The role will report to the Director of Fund Finance, working closely with the firm’s Chief Financial Officer, Controller, Chief Operating Officer, investor relations team and the investment teams of all three of Closed Loop Partners’ investment strategies. The Fund Accounting Associate will work closely with the firm’s third-party Fund Administrator, Auditor, and tax advisors.
More specific attributes of the role include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain books and records for over 10 funds and special purpose vehicles on a quarterly basis, working with the Fund Administrator to ensure accurate accounting information
• Assist with the quarter-end financials process, maintaining schedules in support of the quarter end close, and reviewing financials and capital account statements
• Review weekly bank account reconciliations, set up wire payments and distributions
• Actively support the year-end audit process, work with third party audit firm, edit financial statement footnotes and performance metrics
• Participate in yearly tax return process, review returns, verify accuracy of K-1 information
• Analyze intercompany transactions to confirm accuracy between funds and management company books
• Collaborate with the Investor Relations team to respond to investor questions and requests
• Communicate and interface with other departments to ensure accuracy and operational efficiency
• Drive business efficiencies and best practices to advance work quality and teamwork across the firm
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• 2-3 years minimum of fund accounting or fund audit experience
• Strong analytical and accounting skills
• Highly detail-oriented and organized
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
• Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and similar programs
• QuickBooks software experience a plus, but not mandatory
• Investran software experience a plus, but not mandatory
• Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
• Effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
• Strong time management skills
• CPA a plus but not mandatory
Closed Loop Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
You must have US Work Authorization to be considered for any open Closed Loop Partners position.
Salary: $90,000 – $125,000 (commensurate with experience), eligible for performance-based annual bonus