Field Service and Service Desk Engineer
Closed Loop Partners
Location: Hybrid / Travel Required – New Jersey
Closed Loop Partners is at the forefront of building the circular economy. The company is comprised of three key business segments: an investment firm, innovation center and operating group. The investment firm invests in venture, growth equity, buyout and catalytic private credit strategies on behalf of global institutions, corporations and family offices. The innovation center, the Center for the Circular Economy, unites competitors and partners to tackle complex material challenges and implement systemic change to advance circularity.
The operating group, Circular Services, has twelve recycling facilities in operation today, and provides holistic, circular materials management to close the loop on valuable materials for municipalities and businesses throughout the United States. Employing innovative technology within reuse, recycling, remanufacturing and re-commerce solutions, Circular Services improves regional economic and environmental outcomes by building resilient systems to keep food & organics, textiles, electronics, packaging and more, in circulation and out of landfills or the natural environment.
Closed Loop Partners is based in New York City and is a registered B Corp. For more information, please visit www.closedlooppartners.com.
Circular Services is seeking an experienced, full-time Field Service and Service Desk Engineer for our dynamic, fast growing organization. The Field Service and Service Desk Engineer will have primary day-to-day responsibility for overseeing the provision of front-line primary technical support to end users on various technical issues and problems relating to hardware, software, and peripherals. This includes ensuring the efficient resolution of service tickets in a timely manner according to SLAs. This role has responsibility for management of the IT Field Support team and must have excellent customer service & problem-solving skills in order to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex situations, or when appropriate, escalate/route for resolution. The Field Service and Service Desk Engineer will also be responsible for performing root cause analysis, developing checklists for typical problems, and recommending procedures and controls for problem prevention. This position will be responsible for support of multiple platforms including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, telephony, and videoconferencing equipment. This role will collaborate closely with each of the finance, technology, logistics, and procurement teams within the material recovery facility (MRF) operational unit of Circular Services.
More specific attributes of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Management and development of IT Field Support
- Establish and enforce service levels agreements in consultation with Management and end users to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
- Analyse performance of IT Service Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Oversee and facilitate the SLA System for Circular Services and its portfolio companies.
- Support the completion of technology aspects of continuous improvement initiatives where required
- Manage desktop hardware and software deployments.
- Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Service Desk via telephone, e-mail or Service Portal to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Aid in the design and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Participate in the development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users.
- Ensure self and direct report compliance with the requirements of the Safety, Health, Environment and Community Systems.
- Demonstrate personal responsibility for, and encourage a commitment to Risk Management, Environmental and OH&S policies and procedures, as required by legislation and Company policy. Report on measures taken to reduce risk of injury.
- Effectively manage direct reports to ensure tasks are performed in an efficient and safe manner in line with company standards.
- Establish performance targets for direct reports (4) and measure performance against the relevant KPI’s in line with company requirements.
- Review the work activities of direct reports measured against established accountabilities and KPI’s.
- Review and maintain up-to-date position descriptions for direct reports and broader Trading team.
- Ensure that skill audits for all team members are reviewed and maintained on an annual basis and that training plans are developed and actioned in a timely manner
- Manage employee training, development and recruitment programs to ensure the workforce has the required level and mix of skills and abilities.
- Foster positive working relations between Operations, Finance and EHS to enhance a culture of continuous improvement in the business.
- Facilitate support to business through resolution of more complex application issues
- Ensure team carries out timely response to 2nd level & 3rd level help desk requests. Escalate to vendor as appropriate.
- Support group IT as required
- Provide support on the implementation & maintenance of group systems, and group IT projects as required.
- Enable management of function and completion of medium-term objectives.
- Accountable for completion of tasks and goals for self and function.
- Responsible for development of function in line with performance and talent management principles.
- Development of technology solutions
- Proactively research areas of system improvement which could be implemented into the business to improve efficiency, visibility or reduce cost.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Certifications in ITIL / MSCE or equivalent
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional knowledge of computer hardware, software and peripherals
- Deep-seated experience with desktop and server operating systems
- Proven track record of developing and providing Service Level Agreements and Help Desk deliverables.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- University degree in the field of computer science or information systems and +5 years related work experience.
- +1 years’ experience managing and/or directing an IT team.
- +5 years’ experience in IT desktop support or equivalent
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
Closed Loop Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
You must have US Work Authorization in order to be considered for any open Closed Loop Partners position, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Exceptions will be made for medical or religious accommodation.
Salary: $90,000 – $120,000 (commensurate with experience)