Private Equity Analyst
Closed Loop Partners
Location: New York, NY
Closed Loop Partners (CLP) is an investment firm comprised of venture capital, growth equity, private equity, and project finance as well as an innovation center focused on building the circular economy. We have built an ecosystem that connects entrepreneurs, industry experts, global consumer goods companies, retailers, financial institutions, and municipalities. Our investments align capitalism with positive social and environmental impact by reducing waste and greenhouse gas emissions via materials innovation, advanced recycling technologies, supply chain optimization and landfill diversion.
Through its Closed Loop Leadership Fund, CLP’s private equity team makes control investments in middle-market companies that advance the circular economy.
Support the private equity investment team in all aspects of the deal process from origination and due diligence through deal support and post-investment portfolio management, as well as research new investment opportunities and work on strategic projects. Superior financial modeling skills as well as written and oral communication skills are also required. More specific attributes of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis of investment opportunities including financial modeling, valuation, and return analysis
- Market landscaping and industry research
- Pipeline management of new and prospective investment opportunities for CLLF
- Conduct impact measurement analysis and reporting
- Assistance in preparation of term sheets and letters of intent
- Monitoring of select portfolio companies and quarterly portfolio valuation analysis and reporting
- Due diligence on companies, management, customers, competitors, and industries
- Preparation of materials for Investment Committee, executive team, and others
- Up to two years of post-college experience within investment banking
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability and the circular economy
- Undergraduate degree with demonstrated academic excellence
- Strong financial modelling, accounting, and corporate finance skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and thoroughness
- A dynamic, enthusiastic individual who can take both initiative and direction
- A team player who enjoys collaboration and demonstrates entrepreneurial mindset
Closed Loop Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
You must have US Work Authorization in order to be considered for any open Closed Loop Partners position, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Exceptions will be made for medical or religious accommodation.
Salary: $90,000 – $110,000 (commensurate with experience)