Director, Asset Management
Location: San Francisco, CA/Remote | Role: Director Asset Management | Department: Asset Management | Reports to: VP, Asset Management
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
We are seeking a Director Asset Management to join the Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) Asset Management team. Under direction of the VP, Asset Management, the Director – Asset Management (“DAM”) will have P&L responsibility for the company’s rapidly growing portfolio of anaerobic digestion (“AD”) assets across the US producing Renewable Natural Gas (“RNG”) for injection into the US natural gas pipeline infrastructure. These projects vary in size from approximately 150 Dth per day to 2,000 Dth per day. In addition, the DAM will be responsible for coordinating with the Director O&M and supporting the operations of the company. The Brightmark RNG assets are stand-alone special purpose entity businesses, set up to produce cashflow that will allow each business to thrive as a going-concern. The DAM will be the leader of these businesses and assure healthy relationships with stakeholders are mutually beneficial and decisions are made in the best interest of Brightmark, while also coordinating with O&M/Accounting to produce financial reporting.
- Coordinate business strategy and execution for each project company
- Management of all project contracts and commitments
- Conduct operational, regulatory, political, technical and commercial risk management
- Improve performance, availability and reliability and maximize cash flow and returns
- Address technology issues with a mindset of constant improvement
- Oversee operations and maintenance of all operating assets
- Manage third-party O&M providers
- Management of emissions (if applicable)
- Assure high level of safety at all sites and strict adherence to permits
- Maximize revenue and control costs
- Assure regulatory and environmental compliance
- In conjunction with legal, create and maintain a tickler for all requirements
- Budgeting, forecasting, timely accounting input and reporting
- Accounting and debt compliance
- Refinancing and/or M&A support
- Monitor market and regulatory affairs
- Capital projects management, including expansions / reduction of technical risks
- Establish and enforce safety and environmental standards for sites while driving a strong culture of operational discipline.
- Meet the annual expected availability cash flow, return targets and profitability of the assets.
- Become the go-to expert on all project business issues and associated contracts/obligations
- Lead by personal example and encourage all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the Company standards and policies, particularly its EH&S policies.
- Support the origination, development and project execution team on new facility development and construction.
- Negotiate service contracts and budgets with third-party suppliers of O&M services for specialized operation and maintenance work at the company’s assets.
- Manage smooth transition from project construction to operational fulfilment to ensure highest level of plant performance.
- Work with existing partners and prospects to build a close, binding relationship, developing a clear understanding of their current and future needs.
Success Criteria (what success will look like in this role):
- Energetic and aggressive in pursuing opportunities
- Results-oriented with the ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong desire to advance waste and energy solutions that bring global benefits
- Must be willing to travel up to 30% of the time across the United States
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have specific experience in the asset management of energy assets. This will include experience in operation and maintenance of a portfolio of diverse assets in the renewable energy or conventional power sectors. The successful candidate will also engage in considerable interaction with the origination, development, engineering and construction groups at Brightmark, hence prior renewable energy project development and execution experience is a plus.
- $185,000-$195,000 per year
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation
Please apply at Paylocity.