AP Specialist I
Location: San Francisco | Role: AP Specialist I | Department: Finance | Reports to: AP Manager
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
We are seeking an AP Specialist I to join the Accounting & Finance team. The candidate is expected to support the team by assisting with the bi-weekly check run and provide full cycle accounts payable processing support.
This is a hybrid role requiring a minimum of two days a week in the San Francisco office.
- Assist with bi-weekly check run and provide full cycle accounts payable processing.
- Consistent monitoring of AP inbox, with support from AP Specialist II, ensuring all approvals, invoices, statements, and other correspondence are handled in a timely manner.
- Daily updating of Accounts Payable Logs and spend tracking documents.
- Review all coding, including vendor bills, corporate credit cards and expense reports.
- Perform ad-hoc clerical duties, including filing, post office mailings, etc.
- Maintain vendor files, including W-9 / W-8BEN, ACH and wire information.
- Communicate with vendors to ensure all information is accurate and up to date, including verifying proper payment method.
- Assist with special projects as requested and adapt to new tasks and responsibilities as the business grows and changes.
Success Criteria (what success will look like in this role):
- Effective team player with interest in playing a key role in the success of a fast-growing company.
- Ability to apply critical thinking when approaching assigned tasks, with the goal of improving quality and streamlining processes.
- Organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to prioritize and escalate issues and tasks.
- Persistence and strong communication skills to resolve problems effectively and efficiently with both internal and external stakeholders.
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1–2 years’ experience in a business environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel), with knowledge of and experience using advanced features.
- Proficient with Adobe Acrobat application, with knowledge of basic functions such as organize pages, bookmark, comment, combine and protect.
- Experience with an ERP system, Sage Intacct is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with multi-entity organization structures (similar to real estate industry) is preferred.
- $33.75 – $38.50 per hour
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans.
- 401K plan with 100% match of the first 2% contributed.
- Paid parental leave.
- Commuter benefits and flexible work arrangements.
- Monthly tech stipend.
- Generous paid time off.
Please apply at Paylocity.