Quality Assurance Specialist
Location: Ashley, IN | Role: Quality Assurance Specialist | Department: Team Solids | Reports to: Feedstock Operations Director
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist to join Team Solids at our Ashley Plastics Renewal Facility. The candidate is expected to support the team by performing quality assurance tests and material evaluations on raw material delivered by suppliers. Gathering and organizing data, reporting results, and documenting Improvement measures is a primary function of this position.
- Manage a feedstock vendor audit schedule in coordination with feedstock operations.
- Gather data from various points of the feedstock preparation process per defined audit criteria.
- Organize audit data and publish internally on a regular basis with opportunities for quality improvement highlighted along with documented success stories.
- Prepare and deliver periodic vendor performance reports and publish externally to specific suppliers on a regular basis as a continuous improvement feedback tool.
- Perform periodic inspection of material when received for non-compliance Issues.
- Support Team Solids in vendor dispute resolution.
- Participate In feedstock system operation, process changes, planning and testing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager.
Success Criteria (what success will look like in this role):
- Maintaining a regular audit schedule focused on improvement in material quality and vendor service level allows plant operations to meet production targets.
- Implementation of a supplier feedback tool and process creates measurable improvements in feedstock quality, throughput, and yield.
- A measurable reduction in budgeted disposal costs of non-compliant material is achieved on a year-over-year basis.
- Ongoing contribution to best practices and operational procedure development for future Plastics Renewal facilities.
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Experience In data gathering, analysis and program scheduling.
- Comfortable communicating and presenting to internal and external audiences.
- Proficient In MS Office suite
- Entrepreneurial, problem-solving mindset.
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation
Please apply at Paylocity.