Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
Location: Ashley, IN | Role: Electrical & Instrumentation Technician | Department: Technical Services | Reports to: Team Solids Manager
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
Brightmark is seeking a qualified individual to provide highly technical electrical and electronic repair skills to ensure the efficient installation and maintenance of the various electrical and/or electronic equipment devices and circuitry required to operate water and/or wastewater facilities and sanitary storm sewer systems including lift stations. Maintain manual and/or computerized work orders and records as directed. Must comply with all safety procedures and be knowledgeable in environmental regulations as it impacts the facilities.
- Maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting of field instrumentation devices for process equipment including flow devices, consistency(density) meters, pressure devices, temperature devices, direct measurement devices, ultrasonic level measurement devices, inferential measurement devices, I/P Transducer, and I/P Converters etc.
- Conducting tests and diagnostics to identify and resolve issues with instruments. Performing routine maintenance and repairs to keep instruments in optimal working condition.
- Knowledge of installation, calibration, inspection, and troubleshooting of instruments and electrical equipment, in accordance with NEC, NFPA 70, NFPA 70E, ISA.
- Be able to read and fully understand drawings and documentation related to Industrial Electrical and Industrial Process controls including Electrical One-line diagrams, Elementary diagrams, wiring schematics, control schematics, P&ID’s, Instrument Loop diagrams, Interconnect diagrams, etc.
- The capability to efficiently troubleshoot PLC’s along with I/O and DCS logic. Must be familiar with DCS I/O cards.
- To work safely and efficiently on AC/DC distribution systems from 4160 volts to 24 volts.
- Analyze and repair motor control circuits and equipment including Soft Start circuits, VFD circuits, Flow Controller circuits, Motor Starters, and motor control circuits.
- Upkeep of Testing Environment: Maintaining a clean and organized workspace for testing and calibration.
- Inventory Management: Managing inventory of spare parts and components for instruments.
- Safety Compliance: Ensuring that instruments meet safety regulations and guidelines.
- Additionally, attention to detail and a commitment to safety are crucial in this role.
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years field experience in an Industrial Plant process instrumentation environment and Industrial Plant electrical environment
- Trade school Certifications and/or professional organizations are preferred.
- Must be capable and willing to work weekend shifts and work overtime as requested.
- Must be willing to be on a call out schedule as requested.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Starting at $33.25 per hour
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org