Project Engineer of Operations
Role: Project Engineer of Operations | Department: Technical Services | Reports to: Vice President of Technical Services
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
We are seeking a Project Engineer of Operations to join the Renewable Natural Gas (RNG), Technical Services team. The candidate is expected to support the team by observing anaerobic biology, RNG process troubleshooting, researching improvements and collaborating with internal teammates and onsite operators.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define project scope, objectives, and deliverables, and create detailed project plans.
- Conduct feasibility studies, site assessments, and technical evaluations of our RNG sites in construction and operations to troubleshoot and identify solutions.
- Support technical modeling to predict mass balances, system sizing, biogas production, and basis of design.
- Interpret conceptual process flow diagrams, functional design specifications, P&IDs, electrical one-line diagrams, and major equipment Bill of Materials.
- Provide technical guidance and support throughout the project life cycle, including equipment selection, design review, and technical assumptions for financial modeling.
- Monitor project progress, identify potential risks, and implement mitigation strategies to ensure timely project completion.
- Coordinate with contractors, suppliers, and stakeholders to ensure seamless project execution and adherence to quality standards.
- Perform performance testing, data analysis, and troubleshooting of anaerobic digestion and RNG systems to optimize efficiency and output.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and advancements in the biogas space to enhance project designs and methodologies.
- Prepare technical reports, documentation, and presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate familiarity with energy markets (electricity and natural gas) and legislative and regulatory issues affecting RNG energy project development, including RIN and LCFS markets.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Assist the team in maintaining an excellent safety record.
- Travel as needed to Brightmark and/or tech provider facilities for technical evaluation and assessment.
- More frequent travel or an extended offsite rotation at operating facility(ies) during initial tenure may be required for training purposes, depending on prior experience.
- 25% – 35% travel expected thereafter.
Success Criteria (what success will look like in this role):
- Successful project implementations using:
- Critical Thinking
- Organization and Collaboration
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university, preferably in Engineering
- Exposure to industrial facility operations, preferrably in gas, energy, RNG, farming, wastewater, or other related field
- Minimum two (2) years’ work experience; one (1) year if in a closely related position
- $94,000-$157,000 per year
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation
Please apply at Paylocity.