Environmental Markets Analyst
Location: San Francisco, CA, Hybrid, or Remote
Role: Environmental Markets Analyst | Department: Environmental Markets | Reports to: Manager of Environmental Markets
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
We are seeking an Environmental Markets Analyst to join the Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) team. The candidate is expected to support the team by assisting with documentation management for the California Air Resources Board (CARB), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and various environmental markets Auditors. This role will also help with quarterly data reporting and monthly data pulls.
- Create reports using the data acquisition tools available for monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc reports.
- Provide updates on submission status for reporting purposes.
- Work with 3rd party entities and internal stakeholder for documentation management
- Maintain updates of missing documents & status on weekly basis
- Develop new reporting templates and process improvements.
- Enter data into Excel, Asana and other data management tools as needed.
- Help develop and execute strategies for data quality improvements. Keep clear records when/how data changed.
- Prepare environmental markets documents and ensure they are completed correctly.
- Maintain EPA, QAP, and LCFS document folders. Assist with monthly audits of folders.
- Assist with the coordination of EPA site visit.
- Join calls with various teams on registration status and missing documents.
- Manage priority list of deliverables, assign/maintain task deadlines, and document lessons learned.
- Collaborate with multiple teams
Success Criteria (what success will look like in this role):
- Gain an understanding of how RNG is created and how environmental credit generation is achieved.
- Understand the regulatory reporting requirements for each project.
- Be able to effectively communicate documentation status and issues with internal and external staff, including regulators.
- Ability to work under deadlines with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Review data and fulfill reporting requirements on multiple projects prior to deadlines.
- Can provide solutions to data and/or reporting issues.
- Be able to propose innovative ideas for automation and/or streamlining data synthesis.
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with writing formulas in Excel (Data tables, Pivot tables, Writing formulas)
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Outlook, SharePoint)
- Excellent communication skills
- Programming with SQL, VBA, OSI PI desirable
- Self-starter/independent & accountable
- Cross-team collaboration experience
- Detail-oriented mindset.
- $75,000 – $85,000 per year
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation
Please apply at Paylocity.