Director of Business Development
Role: Director of Business Development | Department: Development | Reports to: VP, Origination
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
We are seeking a Director of Business Development to join the Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) Business Development team. The ideal candidate will have specific recent experience originating and developing renewable energy or gas projects. The candidate will be expected to lead projects, identifying both greenfield RNG opportunities and M&A opportunities. Candidate will also be responsible for leading or supporting projects through the entirety of their development cycle. Candidate must have a track record of quickly ramping up in new energy markets/regions, negotiating deals, on-the-job problem solving and ability to communicate professionally in a variety of settings.
- Identify new project leads and track them in salesforce.
- Perform all major due diligence to identify viability of new leads.
- Manage all feedstock consultants and relevant other consultants to vet opportunities and leads.
- Negotiate definitive documents (feedstock supply contracts, land leases, letters of intent, acquisition term sheets and M&A contracts) with minimal outside support and using creative negotiation tactics and deal structuring.
- Leverage internal and external networks to identify and secure partnerships for feedstock procurement (food waste, animal waste etc.)
- Manage all cross functional teams during the development cycle (engineers, legal, development, finance etc.)
- Support all cross functional teams through financing and even in operations with commercial negotiations and stakeholder relationship management.
- Lead or support all aspects of a complex project development process by effectively managing land rights negotiation, permitting, interconnection, community approval and internal championing for multiple large AD projects.
- Develop and execute tactical execution plans to ensure projects stay on budget and schedule through all phases of development process.
- Model project economics and have deep understanding and grasp of key project value drivers.
- Prepare and present project details and economics to investment committee.
- Prepare and present Brightmark sales materials to project partners including feedstock providers.
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree.
- Energetic and aggressive in pursuing opportunities.
- Results-oriented with the ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Knowledge of legislative and regulatory issues affecting AD energy project development.
- Strong desire to advance waste and energy solutions that bring global benefit.
- Knowledge of business development in new greenfield renewable projects, obtained through demonstrated experience is preferred but not required.
- Strong negotiation, organization, problem solving and communication skills.
- Understanding of energy markets (electricity and natural gas).
- Strong leadership and strategic skills with an ability to balance and prioritize competing interests.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter with a burning desire to learn and win.
- Effective at creating, summarizing, and presenting information logically for executive decision making.
- Knowledge of finance and business concepts.
- Fluency in MS Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint, Word, Asana and Salesforce.
- $134k – $155k per year
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation
Please apply at Paylocity.