Role: Manager, O&M | Department: Operations & Maintenance | Reports to: Director, O&M
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
We are seeking a Manager, O&M to join the Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) or Plastics Operations & Maintenance team. The candidate is expected to support the team by focusing on safety, improvement, availability and reliability of our operational assets. The Manager, Operations and Maintenance (“O&M”) will have responsibility for the company’s rapidly growing portfolio of anaerobic digestion (“AD”) assets across the US, which produce Renewable Natural Gas (“RNG”) for injection into the US natural gas pipeline infrastructure. These assets vary in size from approximately 150 to 2,000 dekatherms per day. In addition, you will be responsible for coordinating with other departments as necessary and supporting the 3rd party operations for the production sites. The ideal candidate will have specific experience in operations management of chemical/industrial/biological operations.
- Uphold company values and encourage all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the company standards and policies, with a strong focus on environmental, health and safety.
- Collaborate with others to create innovative solutions.
- Test operating constraints and develop tools and resources to help optimize facilities on a daily basis.
- Establish and enforce safety and environmental standards for sites while driving a strong culture of operational discipline.
- Identify gaps, develop improvement plans and delivery on enhancing the performance, availability and reliability of existing operating assets.
- Implement lessons learned from existing facilities to incorporate in new facility design.
- Coordinate internal resources and 3rd party contractors/vendors.
- Develop operational testing/trial plans.
- Oversee sampling and testing strategies for each site.
- Drive consistency in approach to operations and troubleshooting
- Develop internal and external reports and tracking tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Success Criteria (what success will look like in this role):
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with an ability to manage a significant workload and prioritize for success.
- Professional, personable, approachable, diplomatic and courteous demeanor.
- Excellent judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Mindset of constant optimization across O&M with the ability to create an environment of ideas and execution.
- Effective at creating, summarizing, and presenting information logically for executive decision making.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time across the United States.
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of related experience
- Previous O&M experience required; experience in a similar industry function.
- Broad hands-on technical experience in the operation of RNG, oil and gas or industrial chemical production
- Deep experience in the energy sector and understanding of US energy (power, oil and gas) infrastructure, markets and incentives.
- Capability to develop equipment monitoring and maintenance strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office, AutoCAD, MS Project, Maximo, PI
- Ability to interpret technical drawings.
- $130,000.00 – $148,000.00
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation
Please apply at Paylocity.