Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
The Quality Manager manages and directs the Battle Motors Quality System and Improvement Process efforts.
Responsibilities include continual improvement to our Quality and processes – ensuring overall upgrading of our Quality system, reduction in our Cost of Quality, reduction in defects, and establishment of the Quality culture for our O.E.M. Truck and Chassis business.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and formulates all aspects of the Quality system for the business, including the establishment and maintenance of Quality data, Customer facing interface, supplier QA development, operational process, and administrative process development.
- Evaluates critical elements of vehicle Quality and reliability – creates Quality checks and balances to assure outstanding durability, safety, and performance of our trucks and chassis.
- Ensures Quality elements are established within our process and a system on ongoing improvement is practiced.
- Plans documentation and audit system to support processes.
- Selects, develops, trains and supervises staff members.
- Develops, determines and implements policies, procedures and programs – maintains ISO 9001-2015 Quality system and standards.
- Creates an environment for problem solving and continuous improvement philosophy through:
- Customer interface / feedback
- Establishes cost of Quality and corrective and preventive action methods
- Pro-active Quality blueprint for New Product / New Process developments
- Supplier audits and accountability tracking.
- Act as Management Representative of an ISO based quality management system
Bachelor’s Degree in Quality methods, Engineering, Operations Management, or related field. Five years Heavy vehicle / Specialty vehicle OEM related experience.
Training and experiences with the following are essential and beneficial: Heavy Vehicle or Specialty Vehicle Quality Experience; Supplier accountability systems; Practiced Lean Manufacturing methods, 8D Root Cause Analysis, ISO 9001-2015 (or equivalent) system criterion; Product Development Process planning.
Job Knowledge Requirements
- Critical Thinker - Ability to define problems, data focused, complete resolutions.
- Excellent facilitation skills – Able to lead teams, develop, train, and advocate the Quality System to employees, Customers, and Suppliers.
- Practical Truck/Specialty Vehicle Operational knowledge.
- Recognize the Quality Management System in place and participate in the processes and procedures in the QMS.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)