Automotive Parts Buyer II
Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
The Buyer II at Battle Motors is responsible for procuring materials, supplies, parts, equipment and services necessary to support the production of Battle Motors and product lines while supporting the company’s goals of on-time delivery, quality and profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiate pricing, delivery and other terms to ensure mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers.
- Identify and qualify new suppliers following appropriate ISO standards.
- Partner with engineering to support value added engineering initiatives.
- Lead specific projects to effect cost-savings across assigned components and/or product lines.
- Monitor, evaluate and track supplier quality; implement corrective action when required.
- Collaborate with other members of the Purchasing team to help ensure work is most efficiently completed within the department.
- Execute purchase orders and track inventory as required.
- Other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree in related field preferred. Equivalent education and experience required.
- 3+ years of experience in Purchasing, specifically direct raw material procurement, required.
- Experience using an ERP for tasks related to purchasing required; experience with Epicor preferred.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required.
Training and Job Knowledge Requirements
- Excellent decision-making skills and a sense of urgency.
- Strong negotiator with demonstrated experience achieving cost-savings.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and communicate specific requirements to vendors.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several different tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Team player with keen problem-solving skills.
- Recognize the Quality Management System in place and participate in the processes and procedures.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)