Graduate Operating Engineer
Anaergia (TSX: ANRG) is a global leader in offering sustainable solutions for the production of clean energy and the conversion of waste streams to resources. Through a proven portfolio of proprietary technological solutions, Anaergia maximizes the generation of renewable energy, diversion of waste from landfill, and reduction of greenhouse gases for customers across the municipal, industrial, commercial, and agricultural sectors. Headquartered in Burlington, ON, and through its multiple subsidiaries across North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia, Anaergia is trusted at more than 1,600 installations globally.
About the Project:
This position is responsible for analyzing production processes, equipment, utilities, waste treatment facilities, and infrastructure for the purpose of improving safety, quality, and productivity by making changes to the equipment design or operational procedures.
- Monitor or conduct observation and analysis of daily unit production to determine the improvements needed
- Interface collaboratively with other technology resources in the organization to bring appropriate resources into the unit to resolve problems beyond the scope of the Operating Engineering position
- Work closely with operations personnel to identify and resolve issues impacting operations
- Conduct formal Root Cause Analysis of events affecting plant production.
- Assist in training operators to maximize the safety, quality, and productivity of the process
- Analyze work study data and equipment specifications to establish time and production standards
- Apply mathematical analysis to determine the validity and reliability of sampling and work-study statistics
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures and training criteria for new and modified equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation
- Coordinate efforts with engineering to design and install new equipment
- Aid in commissioning of new equipment, including writing procedures and training
- Generate various production reports at intervals for management and other company divisions
- Provide input into raw material inventory management, including RM specifications
- Design and perform unit process experiments to optimize operations
Education and Experience
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field and one (1) to three (3) years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
The Operating Engineer has the following skillsets:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Working knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma tools, Statistical Analysis, SPC Tools is desirable
- Working knowledge of other engineering disciplines
- Must be able to plan and schedule individual workloads without close supervision
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and engage/gain the respect of the hourly workforce
- Able to make a clear and convincing presentation of ideas in written and verbal forms
- Able to track a multitude of details without losing sight of the overall end goal
- Active listening skills required
- Must understand the long-term needs of the customers, both internal and external, and be driven to meet those needs
- Fluent in English
For additional information on Anaergia, please visit www.anaergia.com
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Anaergia provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Anaergia will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.