Operations & Maintenance Technician
Anaergia (TSX: ANRG) is a global leader in offering sustainable solutions to produce clean energy and the conversion of waste streams to resources. Through a proven portfolio of proprietary technological solutions, Anaergia maximizes the generation of renewable energy, diversion of waste from landfill, and reduction of greenhouse gases for customers across the municipal, industrial, commercial, and agricultural sectors. Headquartered in Burlington, ON, and through its multiple subsidiaries across North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia, Anaergia is trusted at more than 1,600 installations globally.
Anaergia is a global leader in the production of clean energy, fertilizer, and recycled water from virtually any waste stream, offering the widest range of maximizing resource recovery solutions for the municipal, industrial, commercial, and agricultural markets. Anaergia's integrated solutions create value for its customers in the forms of renewable energy, quality fertilizers, and clean water, while dramatically reducing the cost of waste management. Anaergia delivers integrated solutions globally through established offices in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia and its breakthrough technologies are in use at over a thousand resource recovery facilities worldwide, reducing greenhouse gas emissions while creating new revenue sources for its clients.
Anaerobic digester biogas plant with over 12 million gallons of digester capacity located in Warsaw, North Carolina. The facility processes a variety of agricultural waste feedstocks and upgrades the produced biogas to renewable natural gas for injection into the utility pipeline. Digestate will be dried and hauled from the site and the wastewater will be treated with a membrane bioreactor (MBR) system and discharged from the site. The facility is currently in construction with commissioning and startup planned for late 2023.
Reporting to the Facility Manager, assess and maintain the plant equipment as needed to ensure the plant meets key performance indicators.
- Safety- Develop and maintain a world-class culture of safety to be adhered to by all employees and contractors at the site.
- Compliance - Maintain an immaculate compliance record with all regulatory and governmental agencies.
- Championing the company's policy framework - Support the development of the Company's Vision Statement and the Company's strategy by defining the Standards and code to be practiced, providing resources and implementing HR practices, site security and monitoring, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Work Instruction (WI) around operations, maintenance, production, accounting, safety, environmental monitoring and reporting, documentation, and record-keeping; Support establishment and implementation of facility policies, goals, objectives and procedures that are in line with the Company's Vision Statement and Strategy conferring with other management team members as appropriate.
- Budget and Revenue – Support meeting the Facility's annual financial and commercial targets. Support reporting on monthly P&L and optimize profitability through operational and maintenance efficiencies and revenue enhancements that will result from market conditions.
- Leadership - Abide by all internally established control systems and authorities; Lead by personal example and encourage all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the Company's standards and policies, including its safety and health, and environmental policies.
- Human Resources – Support implementation of the performance incentive plan, keep high employee engagement and morale, minimize staff turnover, establish accountability expectations, develop leaders, and support effective recruiting and staffing.
- Reporting - Effective reporting to help the Facility Manager, Director of Operations, and VP of Plant Operations draw conclusions, make inferences, and elicit crucial decisions.
- Planning and Procedures - Develop sound planning, roles and responsibilities, procedures, and transparency in operations throughout the organization.
- Follow PM schedule, routine field inspection of all equipment, complete daily site walk to ensure equipment visual health, complete routine greasing and oil top-up runs, and fill completed preventive maintenance work requisition/ Job Order completion on CMMS.
- Monitor and operate plant process equipment in accordance with SOP’s and safe industry practices.
- Collect production data and adjust plant operating conditions from SCADA and in the field to achieve plant production plans and goals. Examples of production data would include but not be limited to lab analysis, plant SCADA historian data, and field logs.
- Implement all site safety procedures and ensure contractors and coworkers are following safe work procedures and protocols.
- Identify Spare parts, and consumables procurement needs and prepare requisition for approval.
- Provide support to Maintenance Technicians to develop their skills further.
- Support in stacking up all spares, tools, and consumables (Oil, Grease, Seals, Bearings, etc.) maintaining records, and availability of spares on time.
- Develop and maintain skills such as using forklifts, hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools, and examining form and texture of parts.
- Inspecting and collecting information on parts/pipes and other equipment utilizing rulers, calipers, and other measuring instruments.
- Follow all safety SOPs and support in the fabrication of temp lines, pipes, patchwork, weld/grinding, or cutting work on site.
- Providing cleaning of equipment as necessary
- Ensure all calibration records for cranes, lifting devices, etc. are always up to date and kept in records.
- Inspects and tests eye wash stations, fire extinguishers, and other life safety systems including PPE.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Works in a clean manner.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Flexibility in working longer hours/overtime or weekend work will be needed.
- Any additional tasks requested by Facility Manager to effectively operate and maintain the facility in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- BS with technical focus or trade school certification a plus.
- US Navy operating experience is a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record, the ability to become mobile crane certified, man lift and forklift certified.
- Ability to understand and show competency to effectively operate integrated plant systems.
- Ability to process analytical plant production data to determine the correct course of action in plant operations.
- Have the ability and capability read blueprints, technical manuals, and engineering specifications to maintain and fix equipment.
- Identify the tools, equipment necessary for repair and maintenance work.
- Identify parts and other materials required to maintain and fix equipment.
- Perform basic diagnostic testing of pumps, compressors, conveyors, screws, and other large industrial machinery.
- Ability to check machine performance, dismantle machines and remove parts for repair using hand tools, chain falls, jacks, cranes, or hoists.
- Test damaged parts in comparison to specifications. Replace the damaged and worn parts if necessary.
- Reassemble machines after the completion of repair or maintenance work.
- Clean and lubricate machinery including changing oils when required.
- Listening to equipment to understand variances and possible problems.
- Ability to maintain records of repair and maintenance work using CMMS system.
- Capabilities to lead contract mechanical work activities outside the capabilities of our local staff.
For additional information on Anaergia, please visit www.anaergia.com
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Anaergia provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Anaergia will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.