Instrumentation & Controls Technician - Rhode Island Bioenergy Facility
Anaergia (TSX: ANRG) is a global leader in offering sustainable solutions for the production of clean energy and the conversion of waste streams to resources. Through a proven portfolio of proprietary technological solutions, Anaergia maximizes the generation of renewable energy, diversion of waste from landfill and reduction of greenhouse gases for customers across the municipal, industrial, commercial and agricultural sectors. Headquartered in Burlington, ON, and through its multiple subsidiaries across North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia, Anaergia is trusted at more than 1,600 installations globally.
About the Project:
This position will support Maintenance Supervisor with respect to all maintenance and repairing of components for variety of electrical equipment and plant instrumentation.
- Installing wiring and conduit in assembling and troubleshooting circuits.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical motors and generators.
- Perform task on electronic equipment including but not limited to troubleshooting and repairing camera systems, electronic sensors and programming programmable logic controllers used to operate complex machinery.
- Calibrate, repair or replace instrument transmitters.
- Parts- Analyzing part failure/malfunction, considering alternatives, using precision equipment, maintaining spare part inventory.
- Preventive Maintenance - Performing routine scheduled maintenance tasks related to instrument and electrical work.
- Equipment History Records- Maintain records using CMMS system, keep system up to date, modify as required for new equipment, parts, etc.
- LOTO with Operators prior to starting work on any equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Relevant post-secondary education and/or trades certification and/or significant industrial training in the relevant technical field required.
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience maintaining industrial plant process equipment is preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record, the ability to become mobile crane certified, manlift and forklift certified.
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to ready schematics, blueprints, and other technical documents
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Soild Waste / Wastewater / Biogas / Power Generation/ other relevant Industry specific competences
- Fluent in English
For additional information on Anaergia, please visit www.anaergia.com
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Anaergia provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Anaergia will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.