Junior Field Service Representative - California
Jr Field Service Representative - California - FIBRACAST
This position will be responsible for providing field service on the commissioning, R&D, and troubleshooting of our wastewater systems used by our new and existing customers. This position is based in California to support both Service and R&D requirements of our Projects. While supporting our large customer base in California, in this role you will also support projects globally as needed requiring travel to our customers’ locations in North America and globally.
Reporting to the Lead Field Service Representative. Multiple openings are available ranging from new graduates to experienced Field Service Representatives.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Field Service Representative will develop the skills and be responsible for the following:
- Commission, start up, and optimize MBR facilities.
- Develop site specific detailed start up plans with Fibracast process engineering and the customer/contractors.
- Assist in the development of, and complete project specific test reports and project documentation.
- Verify that installation of our equipment by the customer (or Contractor) has been done according to our standards and project specific requirements.
- Setup PLC equipment. Establish communication with the PLC. Work with the customer to complete electrical (I/O) checks.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and controls issues on site.
- Ability to make controls changes to the PLC and HMI programming.
- Ability to prepare and maintain equipment for startup including installing fluids filters, another requirement per vendor instructions.
- Assist in process startup.
- Assist with the operation of the plant;
- Maintain all ISO and non-ISO project documentation
- Provide operator training, commission, 24/7 and remote monitoring programs.
- Form internal plant troubleshooting taskforces on an as needed basis.
- Transfer lessons learned from the field to R&D, engineering, and manufacturing for continuous improvement.
- Work on-site on small through large processing facilities
- Day to day activities will be managed by the Lead Field Service Representative.
- This position will support the Projects delivery team, Aftermarket team, and R&D Initiatives.
- Regular interactions with the Commercial team, Department managers, Program Managers, Engineers, Process and R&D Departments.
- Sc. or College Diploma in Chemical, Mechanical, Environmental or other related technical discipline.
- 0-5 years engineering or technology experience typical. Note: entry level positions are available for new graduates.
Competencies of an experienced Field Service Representative.
- Technical competency to be able to read and understand drawings, manuals, and technical guides.
- Have or develop an understanding of water and wastewater treatment equipment and processes.
- Have or develop the ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and controls issues on site.
- Have or develop the ability to make controls changes to a programming in PLC's and HMI's.
- Have or develop the ability to prepare equipment for startup including installing fluids filters.
- Good qualitative, analytical, problem solving, communication, interpersonal, presentation, and computer skills
- Effective facilitator and consensus builder
- Ability to balance business decisions and technical recommendations
- Works well with all teams such as sales, manufacturing, suppliers, customers and vendors
- Experience with large processing facilities
- Fluent in English (reading and writing)
Physical & Working conditions
This position is located in California USA. North American and International travel is common.
- The work environment will include both office and remote work environments, including constructions sites.
- Travel internationally and locally.
- Canadian or US Passport required.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs
- Perform work safely including: on active construction sites; ladders; scaffolding; and in control panels
- Training will be provided as required.
- Valid drivers license and newer model vehicle in good repair must be maintained at all times. Business related vehicle costs will be compensated per company policy.