Business Development Manager, Wastewater Sales
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, WASTEWATER SALES
Anaergia (TSX: ANRG) is a global leader in offering sustainable solutions for the production of clean energy and the conversion of waste streams to resources. Through a proven portfolio of proprietary technological solutions, Anaergia maximizes the generation of renewable energy, diversion of waste from landfill and reduction of greenhouse gases for customers across the municipal, industrial, commercial and agricultural sectors. Headquartered in Burlington, ON, and through its multiple subsidiaries across North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia, Anaergia is trusted at more than 1,600 installations globally.
Drive Anaergia’s North American municipal wastewater technology solutions capital sale pipeline by managing pursuits from lead identification and qualification, project and scope definition, conversion to firm opportunity, and contract execution with hand off to Anaergia’s execution team.
- Identify new municipal wastewater system solution capital sale leads; manage relationships with owners, reps, consultants, managers, strategic partners, business leads; shepherd leads through bidding processes to contract execution.
- Manage Anaergia’s North American rep network as prime point of contact with training, follow up, adding new reps, expanding network, qualifying leads and motivating reps.
- Manage interface for lead generation with consultants to influence getting Anaergia technology specified in anaerobic digestion projects.
- Interface directly with wastewater treatment plant leadership to advance sales
- Manage technical/regulatory/contractual development activities with support from back office technical and financing resources.
- Review and refresh marketing efforts, expand in existing markets, develop new market penetration
The Director, Wastewater Solutions responsibilities include -
- Identify build own operate opportunities and work with development team to support and/or
- Obtain approval from boards and municipal decision makers for projects at wastewater treatment
- Perform market analysis, screening, and direct dialogue to identify quality prospective
- Serve as primary relationship and communication channel with mostly municipal
- Navigate municipal approval processes and develop strategies for
- Collaborate extensively with engineering, reps, consultants, strategic, and construction
- Actively assist with retention of existing
- Automate processes where possible and ensure that historical data can be recaptured and utilized for future proposals where appropriate
- Lead negotiation including preparation of proposals, agreements, project definition with support from back
- Monitor and communicate new products, industry trends, competitor strengths and weaknesses, and lessons learned
- Conduct market research and develop targeted approach to lead generation
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Engineering or other STEM field preferred
- MBA preferred
- More than 5 years in industry-related business development, project development, applications engineering, or sales engineering, proven track record of selling system solutions to the municipal wastewater sector.
- Technical understanding of wastewater, sludge processing, biogas, anaerobic
- Excellent negotiating, networking and interpersonal skills
- Expert understanding of all MS Office tools and ability to adapt to new digital tools
- Excellent writing and proposal generation skills
- Ability to manage national rep network
- Ability to interface with consultants, reps, general managers and municipal wastewater plant leadership, boards and city councils.
The Director, Wastewater Solutions reports to the Managing Director of Business Development, NA.
- 25-50% in U.S.A and Canada
For additional information on Anaergia, please visit www.anaergia.com
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Anaergia provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Anaergia will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.