Project Engineer III
Anaergia is a global leader in the production of clean energy, fertilizer, and recycled water from virtually any waste stream, offering the widest range of maximizing resource recovery solutions for the municipal, industrial, commercial, and agricultural markets. Anaergia’s integrated solutions create value for its customers in the forms of renewable energy, quality fertilizers, and clean water, while dramatically reducing the cost of waste management. Anaergia delivers integrated solutions globally through established offices in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia and its breakthrough technologies are in use at over a thousand resource recovery facilities worldwide, reducing greenhouse gas emissions while creating new revenue sources for its clients.
Consistently coordinate the assigned engineering activities to complete the project’s design in compliance with the project schedule and with the budget; observing the correctness and the completeness of the provided information.
The PE’s goals can be summarized as follow:
- Understand the scope of the work, the contract requirements, and the limit of supply;
- Coordinate all the Engineering activities to complete the design of the project;
- Meet / improve the project schedule;
- Meet / improve the project budget intended for all engineering activities;
- Meet / improve the quality standards;
- Identify and submit possible “cost-effective” improvements in the design;
- Quickness and flexibility in responses to urgent questions from PMs and from the sales department;
- Engineering team leader at the project level for both internal and/or external resources.
- Become a technical “expert” in one or more areas of Anaergia’s technical offering.
Tasks, Authority, and Liability
A Project Engineer III is expected to be able to perform all tasks below without guidance or supervision. A Project Engineer III will be the technical lead for a project and may be used to review other project documents performed by Project Engineer I and II. Additionally, a PE III may also have other managerial responsibilities within the company.
- Arrange the general document list agreeing with the PM and in compliance with the contract and the external/internal resources availability;
- Plan the engineering activities for all assigned projects and monitor the activities' progress in compliance with the schedule defined on the general document list;
- Agree with the PM to define the budget assigned for the Project Engineering activities throughout the entire life of the project;
- Regularly update the PM on the status of the design, and the remaining budget to identify possible risks in advance and plan solutions accordingly;
- Provide to PMs the technical specifications and tender documents for the acquisition of the materials expected for each project in accordance with the terms of supply and properly calculated according to the design data.
- Provide technical support to clients as needed under the guidance of the PM;
- Provide technical review of all third-party design consultants;
- Provide technical review of equipment proposals and submittals;
- Check all the licensing documents and incorporate permit conditions;
- Coordinates regular design review meetings with the project team;
- Create a risk assessment for each project to identify risks and their mitigation. Make sure to comply with the local standards required for each specific project;
- Organize regular meetings (weekly) to share and update the progress of the engineering activities for all jobs; and point out any problems that emerged during the engineering development;
- Support of the site manager and subcontractors/vendors regarding specific technical questions on the project design;
- Organize regular meetings (bi-weekly) with the appropriate person responsible for each topic in order to submit improvements of technical aspects and building solutions. Involve the Project Engineering Leader (PEL) when necessary;
- Update the Project Engineering Leader (PEL) about the status of the project, the status of the budget, and for any identified issue, which requires actions from upper-level management;
PE III is authorized to:
- Have T&L costs in compliance with the function’s budget set by the PM.
- Safety and Quality-Related Responsibilities
The PE is responsible for the rigorous application of the company rules and standards about the engineering activities, for the accuracy of the information provided and for the compliance with the contract requirements and specifications of each project.
Compliance with safety is a priority one for Anaergia.
During the entire design activity, the Project Engineer shall assess all aspects related to health risks and safety through all phases of the project (design, construction, operation, maintenance, and dismantling) and take actions to eliminate, mitigate and advise all involved figures about the remaining risk.
Holds a technical diploma or graduation in: Civil Engineering / Mechanical engineering/ Chemical Engineering or equivalent
At least 10 years of progressively complex Project Engineering in the Industrial Plant business.
Technical/ Special Competences
The PE has the following technical skillsets:
- Understanding of contract specification and identification of supply limits for the design activity of complex mechanical plants;
- Basis of Mechanical/Hydraulic design, Electrical Design, and Control systems;
- Knowledge about national and international regulations for the design of waste treatment, renewable energies and biogas plants;
- Experience managing relationships with all parties involved in the project design;
- Fluent in English.
To execute the job with the “right sense of priority” the PE shall understand how their activity affects other functions as well as other functions that can influence either positively or negatively, the achievement of the PE goals. Competencies include:
- Basic knowledge of “project management” and how the adopted solutions affect the project budget and schedule;
- Good understanding of sales strategies, how they influence the engineering process and how the engineering process may affect sales;
- Familiarity with purchasing, identifying and promoting purchasing strategies for products, contracting, and services, mainly based on:
o High volume/value (synergies/ standardized products)
o Critical items (e.g. limited number of suppliers, Long Lead Items, etc..).
- Biogas specific competencies;
- Waste Treatment specific competencies;
- Waste Water Treatment Plant specific competences
For additional information on Anaergia, please visit www.anaergia.com
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Anaergia provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Anaergia will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.