Graduate Project Engineer
GRADUATE PROJECT ENGINEER
Anaergia (TSX: ANRG) is a global leader in offering sustainable solutions for the production of clean energy and the conversion of waste streams to resources. Through a proven portfolio of proprietary technological solutions, Anaergia maximizes the generation of renewable energy, diversion of waste from landfill and reduction of greenhouse gases for customers across the municipal, industrial, commercial, and agricultural sectors. Headquartered in Burlington, ON, and through its multiple subsidiaries across North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia, Anaergia is trusted at more than 1,600 installations globally.
Consistently coordinate the assigned engineering activities to complete the project’s design in compliance with the project schedule and with the budget; observing the correctness and the completeness of the provided information. Understand the scope of the work, the contract requirements and the limit of supply; Coordinate all the Engineering activities to complete the design of the project; Meet / improve the project schedule, budget intended for all engineering activities, quality standards, and overall project. Identify and submit possible “cost-effective” improvements in the design; Quickness and flexibility in responses to urgent questions from PMs and from the sales department;
All tasks below for Graduate Project Engineer are accomplished with direct supervision of a project engineer II or III or other technical lead on project as defined. A Graduate Project Engineer may function as a technical lead on a project under direct supervision of a PE II or III.
- Arrange the general document list agreeing with the PM and in compliance with contract and the external/internal resources availability;
- Plan the engineering activities for all assigned projects and monitor the activities progress in compliance with the schedule defined on the general document list;
- Agree with the PM to define budget assigned for the Project Engineering activities through the entire life of the project;
- Regularly update the PM on the status of the design, and the remaining budget to identify possible risk in advance and plan solutions accordingly;
- Provide to PMs the technical specifications and tender documents for the acquisition of the materials expected for each project in accordance with the terms of supply and properly calculated according to the design
- Provide technical support to client as needed under the guidance of the PM;
- Provide technical review of all third-party design consultants;
- Provide technical review of equipment proposals and submittals;
- Check all the licensing documents and incorporate permit conditions;
- Coordinates regular design review meetings with project team;
- Create risk assessment for each project to identify risks and their mitigation. Make sure to comply with the local standards required for each specific project;
- Organize regular meetings (weekly) to share and update the progress for the engineering activities for all jobs; and point out any problems emerged during the engineering development;
- Support of the site manager and subcontractors/vendors regarding specific technical questions on the project design;
- Organize regular meetings (bi-weekly) with the appropriate person responsible for each topic in order to submit improvements of technical aspects and building solutions. Involve the Project Engineering Leader (PEL) when necessary;
- Update the Project Engineering Leader (PEL) about the status of the project, status of the budget and for any identified issue, which require actions from upper level management;
- PE is authorized to:
- Have T&L costs in compliance with the function’s budget set by the PM.
Safety & Quality-Related Job Responsibilities:
- The PE is responsible for the rigorous application of the company rules and standards about the engineering activities, for the accuracy of the information provided and for the compliance with the contract requirements and specification of each project.
- Compliance to safety is priority one for Anaergia.
- During the entire design activity, the Project Engineer shall assess all aspects related to health risks and safety through all phases of the project (design, construction, operation, maintenance and dismantling) and take actions to eliminate, mitigate and advise all involved figures about the remaining
- Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable Engineering discipline required. Master’s Degree or other advanced degree is desired.
- Preferred degrees include Civil Engineering / Mechanical engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 0 to 2 years of relevant experience or studies
- Read architectural, mechanical and electrical plans and have a solid understanding of basic electrical and mechanical control systems.
- Knowledge of Visio, Word, SharePoint and PowerPoint.
- Expert Knowledge of MS Excel.
- Ability to use CAD software
- Outstanding interpersonal oral and written communication skills required.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize activities.
- High energy, self-motivated, goal focused individual.
For additional information on Anaergia, please visit www.anaergia.com
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Anaergia provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Anaergia will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.