Maintenance Manager - Charlotte Bioenergy Facility
Anaergia (TSX: ANRG) is a global leader in offering sustainable solutions for the production of clean energy and the conversion of waste streams to resources. Through a proven portfolio of proprietary technological solutions, Anaergia maximizes the generation of renewable energy, diversion of waste from landfill and reduction of greenhouse gases for customers across the municipal, industrial, commercial and agricultural sectors. Headquartered in Burlington, ON, and through its multiple subsidiaries across North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia, Anaergia is trusted at more than 1,600 installations globally.
About the Project:
This Position will lead plant maintenance and capital improvement initiatives and will supporting operation team will be required.
- Ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pumps, blowers, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications;
- Coordinate CHP servicing and Maintenance – act as site specialist and maintain all tools, logs and other necessary SOPs required to ensure uptime of CHPs combined to be over 85% at all times.
- Participate/lead troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Update Spare part inventory and establish CMMS system on site with Global Operation help and supervision.
- Always maintain accurate and auditable work and process records.
- Identify Spare parts, and consumables procurement need and prepare requisition/ POs for approval.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers and other measuring instruments.
- Informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques;
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies;
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Responsible for training/inducting junior staff and new recruits
- Support and supervise housekeeping or cleaning crew, ensure that the work area is kept clean free of hazards and is hygienic.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Approving Time sheets of contract employees and trades
- Flexibility in working longer hours/overtime or weekend work will be needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in business or technical field.
- Eight Years of progressive relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Solid Waste / Wastewater / Biogas / Power Generation/ Industrial specific competences
The Senior Maintenance Supervisor has the following skillsets:
- Ability to motivate, engage and manage a team to achieve goals including safety, environmental, financial and production
- Ability to maintain and promote safe work site for employees, contractors, vendors and visitors
- Ability to operate facility in compliance with all safety and environmental regulations and permits
- Ability to support Plant Manager with all contractual agreements with utilities, suppliers, customers and contractors
- Skilled in understanding technical drawings, documents, specifications
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain a computerized maintenance management system for the facility
- Ability to develop, implement and deploy maintenance practices that ensure optimal facility availability and reliability
- Experienced training and coaching employees
- Hands-on, “roll-up sleeves” management style
- Excellent interpersonal communication and cross-functional team management skills
- Ability to coordinate staff and contractor efforts to solve problems and optimize plant operation
- Strong analytical, decision-making and initiative capabilities
- Ability to develop and implement best practices and work instructions utilizing vendor manuals, instructions, and industry knowledge
- Ability to analyze data and write reports
- Ability to implement budgets and long-term plans
- Ability to administer company policies and procedures and maintain a strong culture of operational discipline
- Participate in public forums to support business development and community education
- Fluent in English
For additional information on Anaergia, please visit www.anaergia.com
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Anaergia provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Anaergia will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.