Accounts Payable Specialist
We are changing the way the world thinks about plastics and plastic recycling!
Agilyx, a growing environmental technology and development company, extracts value from difficult-to-recycle mixed waste plastic streams. With a dedicated employees base and strong can-do culture, Agilyx has developed the first system capable of recycling polystyrene (rigid containers, foam cups, packaging materials, and Styrofoam) into styrene oil, which is then used to remake polystyrene (“PS”). Additionally, we have commercialized this technology converting mixed plastics to high quality VGO crude. With this technology, Agilyx is working with waste service providers, municipalities, refiners, and private and public enterprises to develop closed loop, “circularity” solution for mixed waste plastics.
To learn more about Agilyx, go to: www.Agilyx.com .
At Agilyx, we rely on a meticulous financial system to drive business forward. Our accounts payable (AP) department keeps that system running smoothly by managing and paying vendors and suppliers.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is a hands-on, detail-oriented position to organize and complete the processing, tracking, and recording of payments in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner. The Accounts Payable Specialist will have a direct impact on the day-to-day handling of financial transactions, following the accounts payable department processes and supporting the company initiatives and goals while providing the necessary support to our valued partners.
- High Volume Processing A/P invoices
- Maintaining historical records of all invoices, reports, receipts, checks by saving documents electronically and physically
- Verifying accuracy of vendor payments
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Monitoring payment deadlines
- Mail distribution
- Familiarity with 3-way match
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Responding to internal and external inquiries
- 1-year Accounts Payable experience
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in finance or business administration
- Completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices
- Ability to work in a team and with remote co-workers.
- Weekly deposits
- Min. 1 year experience in Accounts Payable
- Experience working with an ERP system, NetSuite preferred
- Strong computer knowledge
- Strong mathematical skills
- Experience dealing with foreign exchange rates would be advantageous
- Detail-accuracy oriented
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Impeccable personal and professional ethics
Reports to: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Type: Hourly, Non-exempt; Full-time-Benefits eligible
Work Hours: 40 Hours per week, typically between 8:00am-5:00pm; with the potential of evening/weekend work as needed.
Location: Tigard, OR
Work environment: Professional office with occasional need to travel through our industrial chemical plant as needed.
Travel: Unlikely and less than 10% if needed
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship for employment visa status.
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining diverse and highly talented individuals. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, an engaging and growing culture, and a variety of opportunities for our employees’ professional growth and development.
Agilyx is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We value mutual respect and diversity in the workplace and are committed to Employment Equity and Inclusion. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees that drive curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and do not discriminate any applicant’s status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodation can be made available for applicants with disabilities.