Simply put, our mission is to use our technical solutions for the recycling of post-use plastics.
Since its founding in 2020, Cyclyx has been a post-use plastic feedstock management company working with industry participants to develop innovative recycling solutions for all types of post-use plastics. The Cyclyx Circularity Lab in Portsmouth, NH provides plastic testing services, supports Cyclyx Engineering and Business Development teams, and carries out fundamental research & development to discover novel circular recycling pathways for plastics.
The Laboratory Analyst will work in a Portsmouth, NH laboratory performing quantitative and qualitative analytical testing on samples of post-customer plastics in accordance with written procedures in a fast-paced environment using the full spectrum of analytical tools and technology available (including but not limited to ICP-OES, CHNSO, CIC, FTIR and XRF).
Provide Lab Analysis support to the Portsmouth, NH laboratory to include, but not limited to:
- Preparing samples for analysis, recording data, analyzing and communicating test results
- Performing instrument’s calibration, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Developing, validating, and improving analytical methods
- Creating and maintaining documentation – work instructions, SOPs, reports, etc.
- Receiving and logging incoming samples
- Prioritizing and managing the workflow
- Following all EH&S policies and protocols to ensure a safe and environmentally compliant work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or a related discipline
- Min. of 3 years lab experience in chemical analysis. Experience with polymers/plastics a plus
- Experience with ICP-OES for metal testing required
- Practical knowledge and experience in chromatography (GC, IC) and spectroscopy (FTIR, XRF)
- Experience working with LIMS data management software
- Experience in a similar role with proven ability to complete tasks on time
- Excellent organizational, verbal communication and technical writing skills
- Detail and quality oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Solid computer skills including proficiency with MS Office and other computer systems used in the analyst role
- Impeccable personal and professional ethics
- Shows a high level of organization and attention to details
- Has the ability to work closely with a small team in a flexible environment
Reports to: Lab Director
Type: Salaried, exempt; full time
Work Hours: Generally, 8:00-5:00, Monday to Friday. There could be occasional evening and weekend work.
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Work environment: Laboratory environment using PPE as required.
Travel: None to minimal is expected.
Physical Demands: Occasional lifting and manual work; must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required to safely meet the requirements of this role
Location and Working Conditions: Substantially that of a Laboratory environment
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship for employment visa status.
Cyclyx offers a competitive benefits package which that goes beyond just a paycheck. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a competitive, company funded (up to 90% company-paid premiums) health, dental, vision and insurance plans to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, and much, much more. We also provide development and growth opportunities because we believe investing in your success is investing in our success. Also, working for a rapidly growing, fast-paced organization, you will have the opportunity to grow professionally and expand your network while building a rewarding and dynamic career.
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining diverse and highly talented individuals. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, an engaging and growing culture, and a variety of opportunities for our employees’ professional growth and development.
Agilyx is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We value mutual respect and diversity in the workplace and are committed to Employment Equity and Inclusion. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees that drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and do not discriminate any applicant’s status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities.