Vice President, Information Technology and Systems Integration
The Vice President of Information Technology and Systems Integration is responsible for leadership and ongoing management of the Cyclyx IT systems, as well as the selection, configuration, implementation, and utilization of technologies and applications to support the company’s growth as aligned with the business objectives. This role will be focused on the implementation and optimization of business systems supporting the supply chain, logistics, manufacturing, and traceability requirements of the business. This role will collaborate and coordinate with Cyclyx Stakeholders, which includes Agilyx and others, to develop IT systems that fit the business needs and governance. With support from business leaders within Cyclyx, the VP of IT and Systems Integration will develop internal and external resourcing plans to execute the IT roadmap and oversee the execution of the initiatives to meet required deadlines. This role will collaborate with leadership and provide input on long-term strategic vision related to IT systems, data architecture, and resourcing requirements.
The initial focus of this role will be to support the selection, implementation, and continued improvement of scalable supply chain and operating systems such as Enterprise Resource Management (ERP), Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Material/Production Resource Planning (M/PRP), & Integration with Engineering SCADA solutions from assets. In addition to the systems improvements, this role will establish a strategic vision for the data architecture necessary to support analytics on the company’s processes. This role will have P&L responsibility for the Cyclyx IT department.
This role requires a strong leader with experience in implementing similar systems in high-volume applications. It requires both a strategic vision and an individual who has an affinity for building new processes.
Supply Chain & Operations Systems Information Technology
- With consulting and leadership support, leads the assessment of 3rd party software solutions.
- Directs the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of the enterprise’s software processes. Creates integrated processes among internal functions (e.g., operations, purchasing, and logistics) and outside suppliers. Provides leadership and guidance supporting system, process, and transformational projects that are scalable and sustainable.
Analytics and Reporting
- Leads the development of scalable data architecture and strategy.
- Partners with the business and product teams to identify the most essential data-driven questions and define initiatives and software solutions that make data available to answer those questions.
- Creates and drives a culture of data utilization and technology optimization that supports meaningful and ongoing improvements in business processes and outcomes.
- Develops and maintains IT supplier performance metrics and manages the feedback process.
- Provides direct supervision to the internal IT team and responsibility for consulting/contract IT partnerships.
- Establishes and maintains the Cyclyx Data team. This group oversees data integrity and drives strict accountability for following internal data governance requirements.
Strategic Planning and Vision
- Defines the long-term road map (people, process, and technology) of the IT requirements to scale the business.
- Stays current on IT best practices that could enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the relevant processes and keeps constituents informed.
- Champions continuous improvement throughout the organization to drive initiatives resulting in quantifiable savings.
- Develops and adheres to departmental staffing, revenue, and expense budgets.
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, and conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership.
- Planning, prioritizing, delegating, and reviewing the work of assigned staff to achieve key performance goals and assisting with communication and promotion of desired work product.
- Develops goals and objectives for all areas of responsibility. These functions include the data integrity group, IT systems, ERP systems, CRM systems, IT security, and system education and training. Participates in the ongoing development and refinement of departmental policies and standards and promotes adherence.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or a similar degree from an accredited university.
- 20+ years related work experience with at least 15 years of hands-on management experience in high-performance, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proven track record of implementing enterprise-level software solutions.
- Experience with ERP systems and ERP implementations.
- Experience with supply/demand planning systems and operational asset software solutions.
- Experience developing, implementing, and operationalizing business solutions.
- Experience assessing data architecture requirements and implementing fit-for-purpose solutions.
- Experience working and customizing data and analytics technical software.
- In-depth knowledge of emerging digital technologies, trends, and their business applications. Candidate must have a passion for modernization and continual improvement.
- Understanding of business operations, financial management, and the ability to align IT strategies with organizational objectives.
- Possesses an awareness of and ability to manage current technology systems and applications.
- Possesses an aptitude for adapting to and understanding new supply chain technologies.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make quality, independent decisions.
- Strong capabilities in planning, multi-tasking, and team dynamics.
- Strong background in building strategic relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to listen to others.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
Reports to: Senior VP, Digital Asset Strategy and Technical Services
Work Hours: Flexible, but generally 8:00-5:00 CT, USA
Staff: Up to 4-6 direct and/or 10-12 indirect
Location: Remote, but Houston, TX, preferred
Work environment: Professional office and manufacturing
Travel: Up to 25%
Physical Demands: Substantially that of an office environment. Occasional lifting, squatting, climbing stairs, and other manual work activities consistent with working in an office.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship for employment visa status.
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the anticipated starting pay for new hires for this position is between $150,000 - $220,000 per year. Full-time employees are also eligible for performance-based bonuses and benefits. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience, education, and location.
Cyclyx offers a competitive benefits package that goes beyond just a paycheck. Our comprehensive benefits package includes competitive, company-funded (up to 90% company-paid premiums) health, dental, vision, and insurance plans to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions and much, much more. We also provide development and growth opportunities because investing in your success is investing in our success. Also, working for a rapidly growing, fast-paced organization, you will have the opportunity to grow professionally and expand your network while building a rewarding and dynamic career.