Cyclyx International LLC is focused on addressing the global plastic waste problem. You can be part of a team that will pioneer new technology and processes to drive the current recycling rate of waste plastics from 10% to 90%. We are building the future of plastic recovery and recycling. Now is an exciting time for the rapidly growing Cyclyx business and a great place to build your career. So why wait for the future when you can create it?
As a Project Engineer with Cyclyx, you will develop our innovative waste-plastic-feedstock-management facilities. Specifically, this role is responsible for working with our Owner’s Engineer and EPC firms to coordinate the design and construction of the Cyclyx Circularity Center (CCC)—a first-of-its-kind Advanced Plastics Recovery Facility (PRF) in Houston, TX. This Houston facility is designed and built by Cyclyx to provide plastic feedstock from post-use plastic that meets the requirements of mechanical recycling & chemical/advanced conversion technologies.
- Assume the bulk of the many project management responsibilities for the CCC, including detailed engineering review and contractor management.
- Review Scope of Works, RFQ’s/RFP, & technical information from vendors.
- Provide technical feedback on changes to the process.
- Manage change orders.
- Assist in the development of control schemes.
- Joint development of SOPs, maintenance philosophy, capital spares, and working capital.
- Participate in the hiring of key plant personnel.
- Participate in vendor assessment and selection.
- Minimum 5 years with scaled-up recycling operations (MRFs/PRFs) and the equipment used in those operations.
- Demonstrated capability to effectively and efficiently manage suppliers of contract engineering, construction, and equipment.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing and maintenance strategies.
- Employs exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills to ensure that designs developed internally and by third parties meet specifications for quality, performance, and safety.
- Understanding of general finance, budgeting, and cost accounting methodologies with the ability to leverage this information to manage project risks.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Excellent judgment regarding health, safety, environmental guidelines, rules, and regulations as they pertain to equipment design and recycling operations.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements as it pertains to equipment, recyclables, and facilities.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- 4-year engineering degree (preferably mechanical) or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent business acumen, commitment to teamwork, and results orientation.
- Superior interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-confidence, initiative, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Impeccable personal and professional ethics.
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining diverse and highly talented individuals. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, an engaging and growing culture, and a variety of opportunities for our employees' professional growth and development.
Reports to: SVP, Digital Asset Strategy & Technical Services
Type: Hourly; full time
Work Hours: Generally 8:00 am-5:00 pm but can be flexible around job requirements.
Location: Houston, TX
Work environment: professional office.
Travel: up to 20%
Physical Demands are substantially that of an office environment.
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship for employment visa status.
Cyclyx is an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.