Closed Loop Partners
Location: Jersey City, NJ (hybrid/WFH available post training period)
Closed Loop Partners is at the forefront of building the circular economy. The company is comprised of three key business segments: an investment firm, innovation center and operating group. The investment firm invests in venture, growth equity, buyout and catalytic private credit strategies on behalf of global institutions, corporations and family offices. The innovation center, the Center for the Circular Economy, unites competitors and partners to tackle complex material challenges and implement systemic change to advance circularity.
The operating group, Circular Services, has twelve recycling facilities in operation today, and provides holistic, circular materials management to close the loop on valuable materials for municipalities and businesses throughout the United States. Employing innovative technology within reuse, recycling, remanufacturing and re-commerce solutions, Circular Services improves regional economic and environmental outcomes by building resilient systems to keep food & organics, textiles, electronics, packaging and more, in circulation and out of landfills or the natural environment.
Closed Loop Partners is based in New York City and is a registered B Corp. For more information, please visit www.closedlooppartners.com.
Circular Services is seeking an experienced, full-time Staff Accountant for our dynamic, fast growing organization. The Staff Accountant will have primary day-to-day responsibility for the efficient and accurate execution of all general accounting functions and support the Controller and Senior Accountant in all accounting related activities throughout the month. The ideal candidate should have a clear understanding of Accounts Payable as well as GAAP. The position will also help execute our long-term vision to be the nation’s leading recycler. To excel at this job, you will need to be passionate about our Company’s mission, a strong communicator, and comfortable in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. This position will work directly with the Controller and the senior management team.
More specific attributes of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with month-end closing process, maintain schedules in support of year-end close, and assist with audit requests
- Perform monthly accruals, adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary
- Responsible for bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Manage the updating of all vendor and customer pricing information as well as processing of daily work orders
- Communication and interface with other departments to ensure accuracy and operational efficiency
- Assist with collection and submittal of State, City and Environmental reporting information
- Perform other accounting duties and serving as backup for Accounts Payable department
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information of the Company by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-2 years’ minimum accounting and/or finance experience
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and similar programs
- SAI (AMCS) Accounting/Scale software a huge plus but not mandatory
- Microsoft Dynamics/AX a huge plus but not mandatory
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics BC (Business Central)
- Experience managing and accounting for Fixed Assets
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Strong time management skills
Closed Loop Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
You must have US Work Authorization in order to be considered for any open Closed Loop Partners position, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Exceptions will be made for medical or religious accommodation.
Salary: $60,000 – $70,000 (commensurate with experience)