Location: San Francisco, CA
Role:Department: Finance | Reports to: Director of FP&A
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
We are seeking a FP&A Analyst to join the Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) Finance team. The candidate is expected to support the team by including preparation of monthly cash forecasts, internal and external reporting which may include balance sheets, and income statements and statement of cash flows as requested by executive management investors. The FP&A Analyst will work cross-functionally in the organization and interact with executives, lenders, and investors.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly compliance packages for investors and lenders, including project level financial statements, budget vs forecast reports, debt compliance metrics, and cash distribution forecasts.
- Prepare and communicate monthly budget vs actual analysis, including annual forecasts.
- Establish processes to ensure compliance with legal documents, agreements, policies, and internal controls.
- Communicating with a variety of stakeholders, including project managers, assets managers, lenders, and investors.
- Meet internal deadlines for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual activities.
- Assist with special projects as requested and adapt to new tasks and responsibilities as the business grows.
Success Criteria (what success will look like in this role):
- Delivering high quality reports on a timely basis for external and internal reporting purposes.
- Owning and building complex financial forecasts that are predictive of the project’s performance.
- Performing insightful financial analyses, including identifying key variances, opportunities, and issues to management.
- Establish and nurture relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/Accounting/Business or related field.
- 3+ years of applicable experience in corporate or project finance, FP&A or accounting.
- Experience with multi-entity organization structures (like real estate industry), reporting and related accounting is preferred.
- Strong analytical, planning, process management and organization skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with management, lenders, investors and external auditors.
- Persistent problem solver who can resolve problems independently, effectively, and efficiently with business partners. Ability to overcome obstacles to achieve goals.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver multiple, ongoing assignments on a timely basis and keep management informed of changes to timelines.
- Team focused. Effectively collaborate and share knowledge with various departments and levels throughout the organization.
- $92,000-$130,000 per year
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation
Please apply at Paylocity.